Title: Senior Finance AnalystDiv/Dept: ProgramsLocation: Country office, Nairobi.Reporting Relationship: Partnership Portfolio ManagerSalary Grade 7SUMMARYReporting to the Partnership Portfolio Manager, the Senior Finance Analyst will build the Financial Management Capacity of ChildFund Implementing Partners to facilitate timely disbursement and accounting for grant and sponsorship funds and promote the highest standards of integrity and accountability in line with ChildFund values.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage financial management relationships between ChildFund and the Implementing partners in the assigned area of jurisdiction.
- Support budget management, reviews, and implementation by Implementing partners
- Assess financial management capacity of Implementing partners with a view to identifying the gaps and advising management to take appropriate action.
- Promote improvement in accounting skills amongst Implementing partners and management committees through relevant training and capacity building initiatives .
- Assist in the development of and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Implementing partner accounts are accurate and can be relied upon for management purposes as well as the financial statements therein meet relevant statutory requirements.
- Review all Partner annual and quarterly budgets including preparation and sharing of BVAs.
- Ensure timely submission of reports by the projects, review and provide feedback.
- Review monthly reports from the implementing Partners and facilitate timely disbursement of funds.
- Support audits of Implementing partner organizations, support the audit process (review draft accounts, facilitate closure of audit findings).
- Review and consolidate partners financial reports.
- Respond to inquiries from Implementing partners in a timely manner.
- Develop and update Implementing partners reporting tools.
- NSP financial management support: Follow-up NSP funds disbursement, support financial management, review submitted accountabilities, ensure accurate upload of financial data into efin, and follow-up and close outstanding advances.
- Actively participate in Implementing Partners’ performance reviews, joint monitoring visits and capacity building of staff.
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or related discipline
- CPA II as minimum requirement.
NB: The position requires extensive travel within Kenya. SUPPORTThe Senior Finance Analyst will have a technical reporting line to the Finance Director in the development of his/her responsibilities. The primary team members for this position will be Partnership Portfolio Manager, Area Managers, Project Coordinators and the GAAM team. ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Experience in financial management and understanding of various donor requirements.
- 5 years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar NGO.
- A good understanding of financial reporting under local conditions
- Team player with excellent training facilitation skills
- Innovative with ability to analyze issues and provide practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong analytical skills.
- High personal Integrity with the ability to promote the highest standards of accountability.
- Skilled at the evaluation of partner financial data, internal control environment and make recommendation for their improvement.
- Extensive computer proficiency in MS Office applications with a good command of excel.
- Proficiency in a relevant accounting package.